Tuesday 2 August 2016

Modeling

A goal I have identified in my teaching of writing is to improve my use of models of writing. After watching myself teaching on video and reflecting with Rob after my observation, we identified that I need to consistently provide effective and appropriate models for the students to use in writing.

So since my observation I have:

  • Written pieces myself - Please stop cooking mushy greens!
  • Crafted sentences or skills that demonstrate the workshop purpose
  • Used models from other teachers
  • Co-created word walls with the students for the students to use
  • Modelled the writing process
Modelling is something that I always have done, but the observed lesson showed the importance of modelling the right part of the writing process or for the purpose of the lesson.

This has been great for me to see how hard it is to write at times, and for the children to see that I am just like them and make mistakes as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment